Certification and code compliance required for retractable seating
Interseat Retractable Seating Systems are designed, manufactured and installed to meet all relevant sections of the Australian Building Code (BCA) as well as meeting the compliance requirements of Australian and European standards.
Interseats' site specific OEM designs are certified by a registered Independent Certifying Structural Engineer. Knight Consulting Engineers certify designs and loadings for each project to AS1170.0, AS1170.1, AS 1170.2, AS1720, AS 4100 and BSEN 13200.5:2006 Spectator Facilities - Telescopic Stands. Knight Engineering has full cover for Professional Liability; Peter Knight is a member of the Board of Professional Engineers and member of the Australian Steel Institute.
* BSEN 13200 - 5:2006 Spectator Facilities - Telescopic Stands
* AS NZS 1170.1:2001 Structural Design Actions - Permanent, imposed and other actions.
Certification including: Live loads to a min of 5 kpa, sway and forces acting on handrails
* AS 4100:1998 - Steel Structures
* AS/NZS 4600:2005 - Cold-Formed Steel Structures
* AS 1720.1:2010 - Timber Structures - Design methods
Interseats' seating is tested and certified against the following standards:
* AS/NZS 1530.3:1999 Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures (Part 3)
* BS 5852: 2006 Methods of test for assessment of the ignitability of upholstered seating by shouldering
and flame ignition source
* SN EN 12727:2000 Furniture - Ranked Seating - Test Methods and Requirements for
Strength and Durability - Test Level 3 and 4
* TEM Electrical Checklist Certification - completed on site by a Registered electrician in accordance with AS/NZS 3760:2010 - Electrical Testing and Tagging
*OEM ISO 9001:2008 Certification in addition to Certification against BSEN 13200-5:2006
* BASES 2008 Guide: Recommendations for the specification and use of telescopic and other spectator seating
* Interseats' three stage internal comprehensive Quality Control and Assessment system
* B1.2 - Structural Provisions (Deemed to be satisfied by AS/NZS 1170.1:2002)
* C1.10-7 - Fire Hazard Properties - Other Materials (AS/NZS 1530.3:1999)
* D3.9 - Access and Egress - Provision for people with disabilities
* H1.1, H1.4, H1.7 - Theatres, Stages and Public Halls
* Appendix according to the Australian State of installation.
* Model WHS Regulations 2011
* Interseat Internal WPHS Policy
* Site specific - Safe Work Method Statements and risk assessments